Black Coffee is a worker’s cooperative recently formed with the intention to create a café space & infoshop in Seattle. We are still in the initial organizing stages.
Black Coffee Coop is committed to a non-hierarchical structure of work & a not-for-profit model of commerce. All members of the Black Coffee Cooperative will have equivalent decision-making power, and we will be organized so that all workers contribute to the inner-workings and future-workings of the cooperative. Group decisions will be made by consensus, although not all decisions will be centralized – space will be preserved for autonomous contributions to the project.
In creating the Black Coffee Cooperative, the individuals that currently comprise it hope to create a number of beneficial tools, for example:
- a non-hierarchical workplace, where we have at least greater control of the application of our labor, and the pains of worker-exploitation are reduced.
- a “safer-space,” for those who don’t feel safe in streets patrolled by police, or amongst a public dotted with prejudice. This “safer-space” also extends to those who are concerned about repression of their political organizing efforts.
- a new info-shop and mini-library, with a future goal of providing the public with DIY copying/printing services.
- a physical space for events, meetings, or just drinking a brew with comrades.
- vegetarian & vegan grub + vegan-style coffee & tea (no dairy) + beer
Would you like to join or help out the Black Coffee Cooperative?
Hit us up at >>